Background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The True Meaning Of Christmas Redeemed Again

Do you know, my younger son actually wrote an essay about the true meaning of Christmas this morning?  The amazing part about this is that I hadn’t assigned it.  He just wanted to write it, and so he did.

When I talked about Christmas redeeming itself in the last post I could have never dreamed of the miracle that we would experience this Christmas season.  Past Christmases have felt void, and without room for Jesus (how ironic).  But this Christmas he is everywhere it seems, peeking around every corner.  His love is everywhere that I turn, and his opportunities to love are everywhere as well.  This is a Christmas to remember!

I am overwhelmed by the generosity of others in response to the basic needs of our family as well as those around us in need.  God is showing His love in amazing ways, and I am forever grateful.

God sees and loves us, as we see and love others.  Jesus was a humble man, and his amazing love humbles me.  Oh, that I was able to serve and love him even half as much as he loves and blesses me.

While I can’t express all that I treasure in my heart and mind right now, here are some words that represent what I am thinking . . .

. . . a family Christmas card from the grateful heart of someone in prison . . .

. . . a dear sweet man, living under a bridge, grateful for warm boots this Christmas . . .

. . . three children with not only a Christmas gift this year, but a few other little things that they want and need as well . . .

. . . a beautiful new baby, the ninth child, but loved every bit as much as the other eight before him . . .

. . . the child of the King that calls us his sisters and brothers . . .

May each of you experience God’s overpowering love this Christmas, and God Bless all of you!

-The Whole Social Homeschooler Family

1 comment:

  1. wow... congrats on achiving it this year!... I'm hoping for next year (laughs)

    This post gave me goosebumps, it was that good!

    ReplyDelete