Background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

In Awe Of God

9-6-2010 12-57-34 PM_0220I am in awe of God. I love how He works, and who He is.  He is perfect parent, and the facilitator of all that is in His plan.

Just a little over a week ago my husband was offered a part-time job.  Praise God!  But in the year + that he was without regular work God taught us some enormous lessons that we will be forever grateful for.

He has given the opportunity to receive an attitude and perspective adjustment.  I needed that.  I really needed that.  I hate that I needed that, but I did.

When going through a tough time, it is so hard to focus on the blessings.  Sometimes there is just too much struggle in the way, and it blinds us to the abundance of good in our lives. 

Why do we do this?  Why do we allow the evil one to get to us and distract us in this way?  In times of vulnerability it seems that we are an easy target, but that is when God means to bless us the most. 

In fact, the day before my hubby was offered his job, I had a serious heart to heart with God.  I told Him that I had realized that I had been focusing on the negative things going on, and that I was sorry.  I cried out to Him, and praised Him for every since blessing that He was giving us.  The list was long, and grew longer and longer.

The next day a miracle happened and my hubby was offered a job during an interview.  (This just does NOT happen right now!)  Two days later we were offered something that we really needed from the abundance of a ministry at our church . . . just out of the blue!  And a few days after that I received an anonymous card in the mail containing a verse that I have been meditating on (Jeremiah 29:11*) and a gift card to buy a few other much needed items!  Praise God!

God is not a lucky rabbit’s foot or a safety net.  He is perfect parent to those who come to Him in earnest.  Like many of us, He just wants to be understood, respected, and most of all . . . loved.

Thank you Lord for loving us, even when we struggle with your plan, and we focus on the wrong things.  We love you.  Thank you for your blessings.  Please continue to watch over us, and provide for us, as we learn your ways.  In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen

_________________________________________

(*Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV))

No comments:

Post a Comment